If you’re planning a visit to Jenkintown, PA, you’ll find plenty of things to do in this charming town. Here are some of the top attractions and activities to add to your itinerary:
- Jenkintown-Wyncote Train Station – Start your tour with a visit to this historic train station on Greenwood Avenue. The station was built in the early 1900s and still retains its original architecture. It’s a great spot to take photos and learn about the town’s history.
- The Abington Art Center – Located on Meetinghouse Road, this art center features a rotating collection of contemporary art exhibitions, classes, and workshops. If you’re a fan of the arts, you’ll love exploring this creative hub.
- The Hiway Theater – This classic movie theater on York Road has been serving Jenkintown since 1913. The theater shows a mix of independent, foreign, and classic films, making it a favorite among cinephiles.
- Curtis Arboretum – For a peaceful outdoor experience, head to this 45-acre arboretum on Greenwood Avenue. The park features walking trails, gardens, and a pond, making it a great spot for a picnic or a leisurely stroll.
- The Keswick Theatre – This historic theater on Easton Road hosts concerts, comedy shows, and other live performances. If you’re looking for a night out, check out their calendar of events.
- The Clover Market – If you’re in town on a Sunday between April and November, don’t miss the Clover Market. This outdoor market on Greenwood Avenue features local artisans, vintage goods, and food vendors.
- The Dining Scene – Jenkintown is home to a vibrant dining scene, with options ranging from upscale dining to casual cafes. Check out the restaurants on Old York Road and York Road for some of the best dining experiences in town.
These are just some of the top things to do in Jenkintown, PA. Whether you’re a history buff, art lover, or foodie, this charming town has something for everyone. So, plan your visit today and discover the hidden gems of Jenkintown.